Medicinal Uses of Flowers
God has given people everything! Of course, nature has all the varieties of bounty from animals to plants, etc. Flowers are one of the best gifts from Above. They are used for different purposes depending on the situation. Flowers are used to please and comfort someone. They are used as an offering in Church and for decoration purposes. Aside from these traditional uses of flowers, did you know that they are also used for medical purposes?
These are some of the flowers that are used as medicine:
- Begonia – Begonia flowers are used to eliminate the toxins from your body. Infusion of these flowers will help your blood to circulate normally. Just simply rub the flowers on your burns, toxic sores and pains.
- Calendula – The essence of this flower is a good pain reliever from menstrual pain, tonsillitis and sore throat. Just apply it on wounds and canker sores to heal it quickly.
- California poppy – This is a good treatment for insomnia, anxiety and nervous tension. Furthermore, it is also a good pain reliever for menstrual pain and cramps.
- Chrysanthemum – This flower is a good cure for fever and colds. You can make a drink from this flower. Then, apply it over your eyes using a cotton ball to relieve inflamed eyes. Also, the drink made from this flower is a good cure for hypertension and headache.
- Corn flower – This flower is good for treating and relieving strain of the eyes. The stem facial Corn flower is a good treatment for facial skin acne and eruptions.
- Dandelion – Infusion from this flower is a good treatment for jaundice, anemia and nervousness. Furthermore, it will help in purifying your blood.
- Honey suckles – The essence of this flower will help relieve sore throat. Just use it as a gargle. This is also good for curing inflammatory conditions. These flowers are rich in anti-bacterial and anti-viral properties. The stems and leaves are also useful as treatment for arthritis.
- Hyssop – If you gargle the essence of this flower, it will help you relieve inflammation and sore throat. It is also a good treatment for flu and colds. You can rub the essence of this flower on your skin to heal bruises.
- Nasturtium – Infusion of Nasturtium will surely cure your influenza and colds. This is a good medicine to fight urinary and reproductive tract infections. It will also protect your body from respiratory and bacterial infections.
- Plum flowers – This is very useful to cure your diarrhea and cough. It is a very useful flower to stop ulcer; and the fruit’s smoke is very effective in fighting against parasites.
- Rose – The petals of this flower will improve blood circulation. Just chew the petals of this flower. It acts as an anti-depressant. You can make tea from rose petals; it will clean your gall bladder and liver. The infusion of this flower will also help the efficiency of your lungs.
- Sunflower – Concoction of this flower will help in relieving ulcers and menstrual pain. If you have sore throat or tonsillitis, gargling the infusion of this flower will relieve the pain in your mouth. Sunflower infusion is also a treatment for canker sores.
- Valerian – This is a good treatment for insomnia and anxiety. It is also a good cure for tension, rheumatic pains, headaches and migraines. Valerian essence will also relieve menstrual cramps and muscle pains.
- Viola – The essence of this flower will cure varicose veins and eczema. If you have coughs or bronchitis, you can drink the infusion of this flower. It is also a good treatment for cystic and urinary tract infections.
- Yarrow – You can use this flower externally to wash away eczema. It is also a good cure for flu and colds. The concoction of this flower will treat upper respiratory phlegm. The aroma of the Yarrow flowers will treat mild asthma and hay fever.
These are the medicinal uses of the aforementioned flowers. So now we know that flowers are not only used for decorative purposes but they can likewise heal a wide array of diseases.
7231 101 Ave
Edmonton, AB T6A 0H9
Phone: (780) 466-8317